We all wish that after seeing a physician you are given a good bill of health. However, it may be recommended that you have surgery. Here are some things to keep it mind when scheduling your surgery with Dr. McConnell.
- You may need medical clearance from your primary care doctor before surgery can be scheduled.
- You may need additional medical clearance from other specialists that are involved in your care, like a cardiologist or neurologist.
- Since our specialty involves the colon, Dr. McConnell will instruct you on a bowel prep if indicated.
- Make sure you tell the scheduler about all medications that you are currently taking, or any other medical conditions that we may not be aware of.
- Stop any blood thinning medications and the use of anti-inflammatory medications like Advil or Aleave.
- You must arrange for a friend or relative to provide transportation from the surgery facility. You will not be able to take a bus or cab. It may be prudent to have someone stay with you for 24 hours after surgery to assist you.
- Confirm with scheduler that we have current insurance information on file.
- Double check your arrival to surgery time.